It’s been an exciting summer for us here at New Lanark World Heritage Site. Although it was hard to choose, here are our top 10 summer moments from 2016!
- Antiques Roadshow Filming. On 28th July we welcomed the crew from the BBC and over 2,200 visitors to our site for a fantastic day of filming!
2. Back in Time Day. On 17th July we ‘stepped back in time’ with over 700 visitors to experience life in the village in the 1820s. We even met Robert Owen!
3. On 18th June we received a visit from Hamish the Heilan Coo Visit Scotland Van! Here he is meeting our very own ‘Hamish’ pillow.
4. At the Royal Highland Show 2016 our award-winning New Lanark Ice Cream picked up three bronze medals!
5. In the middle of August the Bonnington Power Station was turned off for maintenance so we were lucky enough to see the magnificent Falls in full spate!
6. At the end of July we launched our beautiful Joules range in the New Lanark Mill Shop!
7. Throughout June and July we hosted the free Scotstyle and Building Scotland exhibitions in the River Room.
8. At the beginning of August Lorna Davidson passed on the baton to Scott McCauley, the new Chief Executive of New Lanark Trust!
9. At the start of June we released a new promotional film for the award-winning New Lanark Visitor Centre.
10. The House History project which is linked to our Double Row Restoration Project has been in full swing during the summer!
After such a fantastic summer we can’t wait to see what autumn will bring! Visit our website to find out about what’s going on at New Lanark.
Melissa – New Lanark Marketing and PR Officer